The MSc program in Peace & Conflict Studies (MAPCS) at the Social Sciences University of Ankara (SSUA) is the only one of its kind in its region. The Program is strategically situated in the Anatolian peninsula, home to numerous civilizations throughout history that has witnessed and experienced conflicts and sought its way out of them through its wisdom of peace. The wisdom of Anatolia refers to the cultural, customary, and political attitudes in the process of unifying the elements of this peninsula.
The main objective of the MAPCS is to provide students with an opportunity for developing their skills in critical thinking and a gaining professional growth to analyze deep cultural and structural conflicts, their underlying causes, and how to transform and manage them in a peaceful and ethical way. The program’s inter-disciplinary nature will enhance your ability to work in an academic manner while learning the necessary analytical skills for peace studies in the related areas, such as political science, sociology, psychology, media studies, civil society, development studies, human rights, and more.
Turkey’s strategic location connecting Europe to Central Asia and the Middle East offers unique opportunities to analyze and study conflict in light of the country’s diverse historical, cultural, religious, and linguistic traditions. Being a part of this inter-disciplinary and intercultural environment, students of the MAPCS enjoy not only the opportunity to study with nationally and internationally renowned professors with invaluable knowledge and expertise in the field, but also to interact with practitioners working on some of the most pressing contemporary issues concerning refugees, migrants, mediation, conflict transformation and peacebuilding initiatives. By means of countless theoretical knowledge and praxis opportunities, the MAPCS prepares students for future careers in academia or in government ministries, local and international nongovernmental organizations.
- To have an undergraduate degree.
- To have a minimum GPA of 2.50/4.00
- To have a minimum score of 55 on ALES (Verbal or Equally Weighted) or an equivalent GMAT score.
- Proven proficiency in English (A minimum score of 80 on ÜDS/KPDS/YDS/TOEFL/e-YDS or a minimum score of 90 on YÖKDİL English Exam.)
- There is no tuition fee for Turkish candidates. International candidates are required to pay tuition fee and application fee. Current tuition fee is 15.000,00 TL for each year. Application fee is 100,00 TL. The application fee of those candidates who are not accepted to the program will not be refunded. Fees can be paid into bank account with IBAN TR76 0001 2009 4110 0006 0000 14.
Ankara Sosyal Bilimler Üniversitesi
Uluslararası İlişkiler Bölümü
Hacı Bayram Mahallesi, Hükümet Meydanı
No.2, 06050 Ulus/Ankara Turkey
Tel.: +90 (0312) 596 44 44